Our most powerful and heaviest splitting axe, made from blasted and clear-lacquered ironwork. Has a tempered striking face at the back of its head and can therefore also be used as a sledge. NOTE: never strike the tempered striking face against other tempered objects. The shaft is straight and made from hickory.
- Has a tempered striking face at the back of its head and can therefore also be used as a sledge.
- The axe is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel using traditional methods in use since 1697.
- The steel is stuck several times, increasing its density and thereby the durability of the axe.
- Has a clear tempered zone within which the axe can be sharpened whilst not detracting from the strength of the edge.
- The shaft is made from hickory and treated with linseed oil.